Have you noticed how there’s more to choosing new Wooden Residential & French Doors than just picking a style and colour. Whether you’re seeking residential and single door sets, or stylish double doors, we’ll help you make sense of the different styles, sizes, finishes, security, weatherproofing and energy saving. Then we’ll design, manufacture and install your new doors with the meticulous service and attention to detail that’s pleased our customers for over 30 years…
Read on, or for immediate help call 0845 430 4110 or email us
Single doors, double doors and French doors
Residential and single door sets
Choice is everything with our striking hardwood doors and door sets. To give you exactly what you want, your doors or door sets are individually crafted to your chosen style, using traditional techniques incorporating time-proven wedged mortise and tenon joints.
For comfort and security, we match the best traditional craftsmanship to the latest secure multipoint locks, door furniture, draught seals, ventilated beads and factory-fitted double glazing.
All door sets are available in a range of hardwoods and engineered laminated softwoods. European oak is our particular speciality.
French doors and double-door sets
When you choose one of our beautiful double doors or French doors, you benefit from the security of concealed-edge fitting bolts on the fixed door and multipoint locking with top and bottom shoot bolts on the lead door – all with an attractive choice of lever handles.
Inward-opening double doors have the same drainage bar in the sill as our single residential door – again, conforming to Regulation Part M (wheelchair access).
Door features that enhance your comfort and security
Now look at our external doors and note the features that give you more comfort and security:
• Our external doors are an impressive 58mm thick and factory hung in their frames for accurate fit – and fewer draughts!
• For long, reliable life, doors are hung on substantial face-fixing fully-adjustable hinges.
• Weather seals are grooved into the sides, head and bottom rail for a weatherproof seal.
We pack our double doors with similarly lifestyle-enhancing features:
For versatility and easy cleaning, choose our tilt and turn options. Door systems can comprise 3–7 opening doors, with one door opening independently, as a turn-only or tilt-and-turn, for good ventilation. A low-threshold sill option gives even easier access.
All door fittings are made of durable steel. They fit a range of widths and heights to support the substantial weights of sliding folding door sets up to 6300mm wide.
As bespoke door makers, we make attractive, practical, long-lasting doors in virtually any style and finish. Here’s a small selection:
• Single-leaf exterior door sets.
• Country oak stable doors.
• Folding-sliding patio-door systems.
• French doors.
• Internal raised and fielded panel double-doorways.
• Softwood framed, ledged and braced garage doors.
Now look at the details of our single and double doors
Now look at the details:
• Sills on inward-opening doors have drainage bars for continuous bottom sealing when the door is locked. Drainage bars meet Reg. Part M (wheelchair access).
• Choose from a range of lever handles and high-security multipoint locking.
• To help reduce your fuel bills, our 24mm high performance, soft-coat St Gobain Planitherm glass units have argon gas-filled cavities and perform at 1.2Wm2k. All glazing conforms to the relevant code of practice.
• Double doors have concealed-edge fitting bolts on the fixed door and multipoint locking with top and bottom shoot bolts on the lead door. An attractive brass handle operates three- or five-point locking for high security.
Whichever door type you prefer, our time-served joinery craftsmen hand-fabricate them with painstaking care in your choice of hardwood or laminated engineered softwood. For your convenience, comfort and safety, we combine traditional joinery practices with modern weather seals, glazing units, finishes, hi-tech/high-security door hardware and architectural door furniture.
Then we finish your doors and frames in our finishing shop using modern microporous paints or stains. Naturally, we’ll advise you on the routine and long-term maintenance required to comply with coating manufacturers’ warranties.
And finally, with your security and comfort at stake, only our own highly-trained installers fit all the door products we manufacture and supply.
So what kind of single or double doors will enhance your home? Please tell us by calling 0845 430 4110 or email us